Hickey is one of the most common health issue as people have to deal with it and it is quite a sensitive problem, therefore, not so many people find it easy to share with others. HIckey are small and red bruises appear around your arms and your necks skin. They are the result of kiss marks, big bites or even love bites that leave dark marks skin, which make it quite confusing to share with others.
Anyone can get bruises, men and women, they are not intentionally want to get hickeys and it is the fact that they want to get rid of hickey as soon as possible. There are alot of reason leading to hickey and as mentioned above, the most common one is the hard kissing or biting, even sucking the skin. It then lead to the rupture of capillaries or blood clots under the affected areas, leaving dark skin areas. Scientifically, they are known as the broken blood vessels lying under your skin surface.
The symptoms of hickey are varied: They first appear as the red spots or blemishes on your skin and over the course of time, as it does not get enough oxygen, it will soon dry out and turn into darker colours: dark blue or the dark shade. Since it leaves your skin uneven tone, it is quite noticeable for those who get hickeys, making them feel less confident or embarrassed sometimes, if the hickeys on the neck or face areas.
B. Home Remedies for Hickey
As common as it is, hickey can totally be treated at home without seeing doctors. There are natural ways that many people have been trying as they find it is quite embarrassed even to see doctor by themselves. Following are top natural home remedies you can apply at home, using ingredients from your kitchen, it is super simple to apply and effective from the 1st time only.
As the reason stated above, hickey are the result of clogged blood, therefore, if you want to get rid of hickey, it is better that you release those clogged areas, dark spots on skin will eventually get rid of. The simplest way you can do is to massage. Here is how to do:
- Take out few drops of essential oil (lavender, lemongrass) in your palm, join your hands.
- Directly rub on the centre of the hickey then rub out to the edges.
- Rub them all over the affected areas then gently massage all over.
Notes: You should massage two or three times a day and at least 5 minutes at one time. To make the most of this method, you can use along with heated essential oil.
Coldness is always the cure for clogged blood vessels disease. It is ideal for both treating the dark spots around skin and release the symptoms of blood clots almost immediately. The key of this method is that it would help to break the blood clots apart to improve the damaged capillaries that enhance blood flow, by this way, it can help to reduce internal bleeding.
You can use Ice cubes for frozen bean bags to make this method happen:
- Wrap some ice cubes from the fridge using clean cloth.
- Directly rub ice pack all over the affected areas and massage for around 15 minutes.
- You can replace with new ice pack once the old gets melt down.
Another simpler way is that you only need to chill the spoon in the fridge. Take out the cold spoon then directly apply over the affected areas. Repeat using cold compress several times a day and you will find hickey is gone already.
Quite opposite with the cold compress, the warm one can also give similar effect if you know to apply the right way to get rid of hickey. Its mechanism is to release blood vessels and increase blood circulation around the affected areas. Thanks to this, hickey will be healed quickly.
Following are steps to apply warm compress:
- Use clean cloth dipped in the hot bowl of water.
- Remove excess water then apply over the areas of hickeys.
- Leave it there and massage gently over the affected areas using your fingers.
- Do this twice a day and hickey will go for about one week.
Another option is that you can apply the heat patch to directly apply over the areas of hickey (if you have one available at home).
This ingredient is packed with high amount of natural properties, which has high amount of anti-inflammatory or anti-bacteria ingredient that help to stimulate blood flow as well as to heal ruptured capillaries. You can either apply peppermint oil or raw peppermint, the steps are super simple.
Here is how to:
- Choose fresh cloves of peppermint and crush them all.
- Add a bit of water to create a fine paste.
- Apply directly on your affected areas (skin areas that have hickeys)
- You might find tingling sensation but do not worry as it is when the ingredient work.
- Leave it there then wash off with warm water.
- Apply this twice or three times a week only as it might dry out, cause burning sensation to your skin.
Aloe Vera should be a good companion to be made use of as its ingredients can fix almost skin problems and it is no exception to hickey. This is the natural soothing agents with high amount of anti-inflammatories that help to heal broken capillaries, which make hickeys are gone. The tip of using aloe is also no fancy as you only need to apply the leaf over the affected areas.
- Cut open aloe vera to get the Aloe Vera leaf.
- Directly apply the gel over the hickeys and rub them all over.
- Massage the affected areas using your fingers.
- Wait for about 15 minutes then rinse off well with water.
- If you do not have raw aloe vera leaf in your kitchen, it is okay to use aloe vera gel product to get the soothing benefit from this ingredient.