Hydraulic cylinders operate with the pressure of the hydraulic fluids stored in them to exert a linear force and the resultant power is transferred to the applications. In other words, hydraulic cylinders use the energy of the hydraulic fluids and converts them into force to move the cylinders in a linear motion.
These are popular in large automobiles. If you are looking for hydraulic cylinders, make sure you consult the best and leading pioneers in the domain so that you get the best quality products, which make use of genuine raw materials and superior technology. There is more you need to know before you buy them from the market.
Functioning of Hydraulic Cylinders
The energy of the hydraulic fuels stored inside the cylinders is used to exert motion. There can be more than one cylinder in a single motor. There is a pump which controls the flow of oil in the hydraulic pumps and cylinders. It is the cylinders which regulate the amount of pressure on the hydraulic fluid or oil.
The hydraulic system consists of the hydraulic cylinder, a barrel, a piston and piston rods. As the hydraulic cylinder exerts pressure, the piston rods keep moving and the oil lubricates and makes the movement of the pistons smoother. Here contributes the cylinder liners or sleeves as well. Not only should you consider the raw materials used in the manufacture of the hydraulic cylinders to ensure they are durable, but also you need to check that the fluid is durable and is able to produce enough lubrication to make the sliding rings of piston glide through easily.
The hydraulic cylinders can be classified as per their functionality a well as the specifications, as below:
- Functional Classification – As per the functioning capabilities, the hydraulic cylinders can be classified in single acting and double acting cylinders.
- Single Acting Cylinders – Here the fluid is exerted from one side of the cylinder in both expansion and contraction process. A spring is used to bring back the cylinder to normal position when the pressure is cut off.
- Double Acting Cylinders – Here the fluid is exerted from both directions of the cylinder. Here the double acting rods, both single rod ended and double rod ended, play a key part in the hydraulic system functioning.
- Specification wise Classification – There are 4 types of hydraulic cylinder which are available in the market as below:
- Plunger Cylinders – These are generally used in automobile service centres where these are placed in the upright position. This is done so that when the supply of fluid is stopped the weight of the cylinder will bring itself back to the original position.
- Telescoping Cylinders – These are best used where the area coverage is lesser and the stroke of the cylinders is longer like those in cranes and forklifts.
- Cable Cylinders – These are of double acting type which have longer strokes and exert moderate amount of force.
- Diaphragm Cylinders – These have the least or no leakage of fluid around the piston area. These are again of two types – flat diaphragm and rolling diaphragm.
The hydraulic cylinders are used in forestry, motorway repairs and maintenance, mining, oil and gas industries, trucks etc.
Consult the leading hydraulic cylinders manufacturers for quality assured products at the most reasonable price.